Discover below the start-ups which pitched during BioFIT 2017:
- VASCULAR | METABOLIC
- VACCINOLOGY | VIROLOGY
- ONCOLOGY | IMMUNO-ONCO
- RESEARCH TOOLS | THERAPEUTIC DELIVERY
- AGEING | PAIN
Start-up Slams Agenda
28TH NOV. 2.30 – 4.00 pm | INNOV AREA
VASCULAR | METABOLIC
- Intracerebral Haemorrhage (ICH) or haemorrhagic stroke
- O2L-001, first medical treatment of ICH
- Intracerebral thrombolysis with minimally invasive surgery
- Heart failure
- Innovative RNA based therapeutics
- Platform on noncoding RNA based therapeutics and diagnostics
- In vitro diagnostics
- Human obesity
- Browning of adipocytes
VACCINOLOGY | VIROLOGY
- Human Respiratory Infectious (HRI)
- Protein-protein interactions (PPIs)
- Parasite subunit
29TH NOV. 9.00 – 10.30 am | INNOV AREA
ONCOLOGY | IMMUNO-ONCO
- Immune Oncology
- Innate immune regulation
- STING agonists
- Antibody therapy
- Novel target
- Anti-cancer antibodies
- Anti-angiogenic and Checkpoint inhibitors
- Tumor labelling
- Nano & micro technology
29TH NOV. 2.00 – 3.30 pm | INNOV AREA
RESEARCH TOOLS | THERAPEUTIC DELIVERY
- In vitro cell biology
- Elastic and soft culture plates
- Physiological in vitro cell culture
- Drug Discovery Technology
- Small Molecule Drugs
- Quality-controlled Libraries
- Biomarker discovery
- Diagnostics – Dx
- Companion diagnostics – CDx
- Regenerative medicine
- Orthopaedic biomaterials
- Bone fracture healing
AGEING | PAIN
- Innovative Pharmacological Target
- Protected NCEs
- To replace opiates
- Sensorineural Hearing loss
- mGlu7 receptor modulator
- small molecule
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Gut Microbiome
- Therapeutic with companion diagnostic
29TH NOV. 3.30 – 4.00 pm | INNOV AREA
Vaxinano and Cardior Pharmaceuticals won the prize of the most innovative start-ups in 2017!
After receiving more than 70 applications from entrepreneurs, the Steering Committee of BioFIT selected the most innovative 20 to pitch during the event. Among the 20 start-ups, 2 received an award as the most innovative start-ups in 2017: Vaxinano and Cardior Pharmaceuticals.
VAXINANO develops solutions for improving the protection of human and animal health. Their first field of investigation is vaccination. Their focus and specialization is to employ nanoparticles in their medical sciences and applications.
The innovation of VAXINANO is multifaceted:
– They mimic viruses, parasites, and bacteria, they don’t inoculate them.
– Their nanoparticle delivery agents are synthesized from starch and lipids, 100% “bio-sourced”
– Their nanoparticles are fully eliminated from the body within 48 hours (by GIT).
– Their vaccines are optimised for mucosal (nasal) administration but can be also administered by standard routes.
– Their vaccines solutions are highly stable and are able to sustain exposure to temperatures of 40°C for more than 6 months.
– They achieved a world premiere proof-of -concept with Toxoplasma Gondii vaccine using a non-life attenuated parasite in mice and sheep. The result was 100% protection of animals treated by nasal route after oral challenge.
The technology of VAXINANO allows the company to both improve existing vaccines currently on the market and to develop novel vaccines for today’s yet untreated diseases.
CARDIOR PHARMACEUTICALS develops a proprietary RNA technology to revolutionize heart failure treatment.
The molecular target is a microRNA (miR), that simultaneously controls:
– cardiac growth
– calcium handling / contractility of cardiomyocytes
Thus, it is tightly linked to heart failure development. Oligonucleotide-based miR inhibition reverses maladaptive cardiac remodeling and restores normal cardiac function. Cardior has access to a large patent portfolio also consisting of several back-up candidates for heart failure therapy.