December 15th, 2023
The Start-up Slams are a great opportunity for young companies (and particularly start-ups seeking to raise a seed or a Series A financing round) to showcase their project in front of potential partners and investors in the Life Sciences field.
The selected candidates will be offered to present their project and receive advice and feedback (“speed-mentoring”) from a panel of experts.
The winner will be recognised as the most innovative start-up in Europe in Life Sciences.
How does it work?
Before September 28th, 2023
To apply to the Start-up Slams you must be registered to BioFIT.
To apply, the candidate must:
- Be a start-up company or a company in creation
- Seek for funding (seed or Series A financing rounds)
- Develop a new technology/product
- Be registered to BioFIT 2023
- Fill out the online application form and submit it before September 28th, 2023
Before the event
- All applications will be reviewed by a jury (composed of high level representatives and international experts from public and private institutions, life sciences industries, and investors) who will select the most innovative projects.
- The selected projects will have the opportunity to be presented during BioFIT.
- The jury of selection will give feedback and advice to the applicants to help them develop their project.
- The selected candidates will benefit from a dedicated meeting space within the exhibition area during BioFIT.
- The selected candidates will have the opportunity to display a video recording of their presentation on the online platform of the event (accessible by all attendees). This video will have to be 5 minutes long maximum, as the candidates’ presentation during the event.
PITCH & BE AWARDED
- The pitchers will have a 5 min timeslot during BioFIT to present and to highlight the most innovative aspects of their technology/product, business model and company strategy, in front of a jury of experts, potential partners and investors.
- The pitchers will receive valuable feedback and advice from the panel of experts.
- The most innovative project will be selected by the jury of experts and by the audience.
- The winner will be recognised during the 2nd day of BioFIT as the most innovative start-up in Europe in Life Sciences.