The first Scientific Committee Meeting for IDEA Summit was held last Tuesday June 11th in Lille. Experts in the field discussed latest trends and research results in the field, highlighting hot issues that must be discussed during the Summit next December 2nd and 3rd.
On the menu:
- a Partnering Convention with academia, biotech, pharma, biobanks, incubators, clusters, investors, policy makers
- Conferences and round tables to explore hands-on approaches to private/public collaborations among which Stratified Medicine, Translational research, Research Agenda…
About IDEA Summit
IDEA Summit is the unique event dedicated to translational research on diabetes in Europe. Key decision makers from academia and industry, and other stakeholders attend the meeting.
About the Scientific Committee
Its role is to define and steer the content of the conference program and contribute to the recruitment of speakers.
- Philippe FROGUEL, Director of UMR CNRS 8199, Pasteur Institute of Lille (FR) and Professor and Chair of Genomics of Common Disease, Imperial College London (UK)
- Mark PEAKMAN, Professor of Clinical Immunology, King’s College London – Immunobiology (UK)
- Mark WALKER, Professor of Molecular Diabetic Medicine, University of Newcastle (UK)
- Stefano DEL PRATO, Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolism at the School of Medicine, Chief of the Section of Diabetes, University of Pisa (IT)
- Leif GROOP, MD, PhD, Professor, Head of Unit, Lund University (SE)
- Marc DONATH, Professor at Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University Hospital Basel (CH)