The BioFIT Steering Committee is glad to announce the BioFIT 2018 preliminary conference programme:
PLENARY SESSION: Seed funds crossing borders: How far and how fast is the early-stage investment market in Biotech globalising?
Globalisation of seed investment can be seen as traditionally geographically anchored, now early-stage investors tend to invest in more diversified areas. Where does the money come from? How far is this evolution towards more global funds going? How fast is it going in the investment community? Will it make the investors more risk taking, will it change the risk landscape? Isn’t there today an ill-balance between the geographical origin of the investment capacities and the areas where projects needing equity investment are teeming?
TRACK 1: Best practices in academia-industry R&D collaborations
- Artificial Intelligence to speed-up drug discovery: The revolutionary road to advance innovation.
- A prospective overview of the forthcoming cross-sectorial collaborations and licensing deals between human and animal health
- Beyond shared means, common strategies to collectively succeed
- Patient organisations to join the pharma-biotech-academia trio: Is a fourth musketeer calling for a new way to manage alliances?
TRACK 2: Nurturing and licensing early-stage assets
- What is the right balance between equity, royalties, collaborative research income for the academic institutions in the process of spinning out companies?
- An overview of the recent joint initiatives to derisk academic-origin assets
- Questioning TTOs financing models: Could their expected financial outcome bias the tech transfer process?
- Under pressure: How does the urge to bring rare disease therapies create a new range of business models or collaborative models?
TRACK 3: Early-stage innovation: Identify the right funding sources
- Are philanthropic and alternative sources of soft funding always a free lunch?
- Shaping your start-up for an industrial exit or an IPO: Are there choices to be made at the very initial stage?
- Are immunotherapies a new investment Eldorado?
- Agnostic or pure players in the biotech sector: Who is getting prominent in the early-stage financing rounds?